the Municipality
Cassolnovo
Is about 50 Km from Pavia

Link to Deepen
The History
The present municipality of Cassolnovo was established in the 19th century, with the unification of the communities of Cassolnuovo, Villanova and Cassolvecchio. The latter, now called Villareale, is the original centre of Cassolo. In the Early Middle Ages, it was part of the Committee of Bulgaria, but it later became, like Vigevano, property of the Bishop of Novara. It was placed under the jurisdiction of the province of Novara, but fell under the jurisdiction of Vigevano in 1532 and was annexed in 1743 to the dominion of the House of Savoy which had already owned the Lomellina since 1707. Shortly before the abolition of feudalism, Cassolnovo, together with Cassolvecchio and Villanova, was subdued as the county branch of the Gonzaga Bishopric. In 1818, Cassolnovo and Vigevano were annexed to the province of Lomellina and in 1859 to the province of Pavia. Places of interest: • Church of San Bartolomeo • Church of San Giorgio
2415

Views
Information
Luoghi da Visitare
  • • Chiesa di S. Bartolomeo
  • • Chiesa di S. Giorgio
Where we are
Get directions
We are on the routes
The History
The present municipality of Cassolnovo was established in the 19th century, with the unification of the communities of Cassolnuovo, Villanova and Cassolvecchio. The latter, now called Villareale, is the original centre of Cassolo. In the Early Middle Ages, it was part of the Committee of Bulgaria, but it later became, like Vigevano, property of the Bishop of Novara. It was placed under the jurisdiction of the province of Novara, but fell under the jurisdiction of Vigevano in 1532 and was annexed in 1743 to the dominion of the House of Savoy which had already owned the Lomellina since 1707. Shortly before the abolition of feudalism, Cassolnovo, together with Cassolvecchio and Villanova, was subdued as the county branch of the Gonzaga Bishopric. In 1818, Cassolnovo and Vigevano were annexed to the province of Lomellina and in 1859 to the province of Pavia. Places of interest: • Church of San Bartolomeo • Church of San Giorgio
BUY THE PAVIACARD