the Municipality
Carbonara al Ticino
is about 10 km from Pavia

Link to Deepen
The History
Adjacent to the estate of Gropello, Carbonaria was once under the signory of the Beccaria family of Gropello. It was then inherited, in the 15th century, by the Breme and Gropello line of the Visconti family, of which Girolamo was the first Count of Carbonara in the early 17th century. They were extinct before the end of the century and the county became property of their relatives, the Lonati Visconti family. In 1768, Antonio Maria della Chiesa, who was adopted and took the surname Malaspina of Bobbio (Piacenza), became Marquis of Carbonara. Like Lomellina, the municipality was included in the dominion of the House of Savoy in 1713. It was named Carbonara al Ticino in 1863. Places of interest • Church of San Giovanni Evangelista
2404

Views
Information
Luoghi da Visitare
  • • Chiesa di San Giovanni Evangelista
Where we are
Get directions
We are on the routes
The History
Adjacent to the estate of Gropello, Carbonaria was once under the signory of the Beccaria family of Gropello. It was then inherited, in the 15th century, by the Breme and Gropello line of the Visconti family, of which Girolamo was the first Count of Carbonara in the early 17th century. They were extinct before the end of the century and the county became property of their relatives, the Lonati Visconti family. In 1768, Antonio Maria della Chiesa, who was adopted and took the surname Malaspina of Bobbio (Piacenza), became Marquis of Carbonara. Like Lomellina, the municipality was included in the dominion of the House of Savoy in 1713. It was named Carbonara al Ticino in 1863. Places of interest • Church of San Giovanni Evangelista
BUY THE PAVIACARD