the Municipality
Candia Lomellina
is about 56 Km from Pavia

Link to Deepen
The History
Candia was first recorded in 1164, as one of the estates under the dominion of Pavia. Since that time it might have been the property of the Confalonieri family of Candia. It became the estate of the Arcimboldi in 1560, but the family was extinct in 1675 and so the estate was purchased by the Gallarati family who had already been the lords of the nearby Cozzo e Sant'Angelo Lomellina. In 1707, Candia, with the rest of the Lomellina, went under the dominion of the House of Savoy and, in 1859, it became part of the province of Pavia; Places of interest: • Parish church of San Michele • Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie • Garzaia della Rinalda (“garzaia” - herons nesting site)
2652

Views
Information
Luoghi da Visitare
  • • Chiesa parrocchiale S. Michele
  • • Chiesa S. Maria delle Grazie
  • • Garzaia della Rinalda
Where we are
Get directions
We are on the routes
The History
Candia was first recorded in 1164, as one of the estates under the dominion of Pavia. Since that time it might have been the property of the Confalonieri family of Candia. It became the estate of the Arcimboldi in 1560, but the family was extinct in 1675 and so the estate was purchased by the Gallarati family who had already been the lords of the nearby Cozzo e Sant'Angelo Lomellina. In 1707, Candia, with the rest of the Lomellina, went under the dominion of the House of Savoy and, in 1859, it became part of the province of Pavia; Places of interest: • Parish church of San Michele • Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie • Garzaia della Rinalda (“garzaia” - herons nesting site)
BUY THE PAVIACARD