Garlasco
the Municipality
Garlasco
is about 24 Km from Pavia

Link to Deepen
The History
The first record of Garlasco dates back to the 10th century. Emperor Otto II awarded it to the Monastery of San Salvatore of Pavia in 981. At the time, the monastery was one of the major landowners in the area. It became part of the dominions of Pavia in the 12th century, if not earlier. In that period, it was the seat of the office of the podestà, remaining free from feudal rule. In the following centuries, however, it was under the dominion of the Count Palatine Guarnerio Castiglioni and subsequently of his heirs. Alfonso Gaetano Catiglioni, its last feudal lord, was invested with the title of Count of Garlasco in 1774. Places of interest • Sanctuary of Our Lady of Bozzola / Santuario della Madonna della Bozzola • Parish Church of Santa Maria Assunta • Church of San Rocco • Castle • Oasis of the Forest of Vignolo
2544

Views
Information
Luoghi da Visitare
  • • Santuario della Madonna della Bozzola
  • • Chiesa parrocchiale di S. Maria Assunta
  • • Chiesa di San Rocco
  • • Castello • Oasi del Bosco del Vignolo
Where we are
Get directions
We are on the routes
The History
The first record of Garlasco dates back to the 10th century. Emperor Otto II awarded it to the Monastery of San Salvatore of Pavia in 981. At the time, the monastery was one of the major landowners in the area. It became part of the dominions of Pavia in the 12th century, if not earlier. In that period, it was the seat of the office of the podestà, remaining free from feudal rule. In the following centuries, however, it was under the dominion of the Count Palatine Guarnerio Castiglioni and subsequently of his heirs. Alfonso Gaetano Catiglioni, its last feudal lord, was invested with the title of Count of Garlasco in 1774. Places of interest • Sanctuary of Our Lady of Bozzola / Santuario della Madonna della Bozzola • Parish Church of Santa Maria Assunta • Church of San Rocco • Castle • Oasis of the Forest of Vignolo
BUY THE PAVIACARD