the Municipality
Cella di Varzi
Is about 66 Km from Pavia

Link to Deepen
The History
The first records date from 835, when it was placed under the dominion of the abbey of Bobbio. It was also mentioned in the Imperial Diploma of 1164. The place came under the dominion of the Malaspina family, namely of its Godiasco line from which the Malaspina di Cella line was derived. The Marquisate of Cella covered a long strip of land on the western side of the valley of the Staffora, comprising Varzi and Santa Margherita as well as villages such as Nivione, Capo di Selva, Casale, Castellaro, Cegni, Cignolo and Negruzzo, which merged with the Municipality of Cella at the beginning of the 19th century. It was named Cella di Bobbio (Bobbio being the capital of the district to which the municipality belonged) in 1863. Places to visit • Temple of Fraternity among the Peoples
2253

Views
Information
Luoghi da Visitare
  • • Tempio della Fraternità dei Popoli
We are on the routes
The History
The first records date from 835, when it was placed under the dominion of the abbey of Bobbio. It was also mentioned in the Imperial Diploma of 1164. The place came under the dominion of the Malaspina family, namely of its Godiasco line from which the Malaspina di Cella line was derived. The Marquisate of Cella covered a long strip of land on the western side of the valley of the Staffora, comprising Varzi and Santa Margherita as well as villages such as Nivione, Capo di Selva, Casale, Castellaro, Cegni, Cignolo and Negruzzo, which merged with the Municipality of Cella at the beginning of the 19th century. It was named Cella di Bobbio (Bobbio being the capital of the district to which the municipality belonged) in 1863. Places to visit • Temple of Fraternity among the Peoples
BUY THE PAVIACARD