the Municipality
Cervesina
Is about 27 km from Pavia

Link to Deepen
The History
Cervesina and San Gaudenzio used to be were two separate municipalities. San Gaudenzio was more important than Cervesina in medieval times, especially in religious terms, as it was the seat of the parish church in charge of the nearby villages. As one of the lands under the dominion of Pavia, it was under the jurisdiction of the podestà of Voghera. It reached its climax in the 16th century, when Matteo Beccaria became the Marquis of Mortara. As he had no sons, the estate was inherited by the Taverna family of Milan, Counts of Landriano, who kept it until 1797, the zear when feudalism was abolished. San Gaudenzio merged with Cervesina in the 18th century and the municipality was temporarily called “Cervesina con San Gaudenzio”. Places of interest • San Gaudenzio Castle
1812

Views
Information
We are on the routes
The History
Cervesina and San Gaudenzio used to be were two separate municipalities. San Gaudenzio was more important than Cervesina in medieval times, especially in religious terms, as it was the seat of the parish church in charge of the nearby villages. As one of the lands under the dominion of Pavia, it was under the jurisdiction of the podestà of Voghera. It reached its climax in the 16th century, when Matteo Beccaria became the Marquis of Mortara. As he had no sons, the estate was inherited by the Taverna family of Milan, Counts of Landriano, who kept it until 1797, the zear when feudalism was abolished. San Gaudenzio merged with Cervesina in the 18th century and the municipality was temporarily called “Cervesina con San Gaudenzio”. Places of interest • San Gaudenzio Castle
BUY THE PAVIACARD